Dienstag, 22. Juli 2008

Wieder zurück / Back again



Finnland war wunderschön, ich bin erholt aus dem Urlaub zurückgekommen. :o) Am liebsten wäre ich dort geblieben, so ruhig und schön war es dort. Wir haben vieles gesehen, dieses Foto entstand in einem Nationalpark.

I am back from holidays, Finland was wonderful! :o) I’d have loved to stay there, it was so beautiful and calm there. We saw so many things. This photo was made in a national park.



Im Haus der Mutter meiner Freundin hing ein antikes Bluework das ich unbedingt knipsen musste. Es ist hinter einem Glas eingerahmt.

In the house of my friends mother was an old antique bluework hanging. It was behind glass and framed. Of course, I had to take a photo.


Und diese Stoffe habe ich in einem Patchworkshop in Helsinki gefunden. Große Stoffauswahl, Bücher und Zubehör. Den Stickrahmen und Schere habe ich aus einem anderen Handarbeitsgeschäft. Und den niedlichen Elch habe ich mitgenommen, weil mir wieder kein echter vor die Nase kam. Werde wohl einmal im Winter hinfliegen müssen, um diese beeindruckenden Tiere sehen zu können.

I found these fabrics in a patchworkshop in Helsinki. They have also many fabrics, books and sewing accessories. The embroidery hoop and scissor are from another handwork-shop. Sadly, I didn´t saw a real moose, and therefore I had to take this cute stuffed moose with me. It will be good to fly sometime in winter to Finland again, because then I could finally see these beautiful animals.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hei !
I have moved to Finland few weeks ago and I was wondering where is that shop in Helsinki to buy those
fabrics ? Thank you very much if you can help me.
Finland has 189 999 lakes (which is a good exercise when learning numbers in finnish language) !!!
Friendly yours.
Sylvie

Gabi hat gesagt…

Hi Sylvie,
I think it was this store:

Tilkkutalo Kotipuoti
Hameentie 5, 00530 HELSINKI +358-9-7741002 , Fax: +358-9-711224
Store Hours: Week days 10am-5pm Sat 10am-2pm Specializing in: Anything for a quilter, also a large collection of machine embroidery threds and supplies.

They have many fabrics and supplies. You can be happy to live in Finnland! I love it!
Best,
Gabi